Last updated: 01/11/2019
We are S.G. Food Tech trading as “Food Tatva". We own and operate this website/app. Please contact us (email@example.com) if you have any questions or feedback about this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement tells you how we deal with your "personal data" (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and how you can access and rectify it.
By using the Food Tatva Platform and the Services, you agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with the Policy, please do not use or access the Food Tatva Platform.
This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of Food Tatva’s Services after it makes any change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website or apps - such as your name, address, email address, phone number (“contact data”) - or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way. If you sign in to the Food Tatva Platform through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook or Gmail or any other social networking or similar site, an option of which may be provided to you by Food Tatva at its sole discretion, you will be allowing us to pass through and receive from the SNS your log-in information and other user data.
- We also collect and store your IP address to improve your shopping experience by suggesting suitable products for you, based on previous purchases, or recipes looked at.
- We collect your bank card details (payment information) in order to process payments and refunds.
- Provide content to us, which may include reviews, ordering details and history, special merchant requests, contact information of people you refer to us and other information you provide on the Food Tatva Platform (“Your Content”).
- Participate in the interactive services offered by the Food Tatva Platform such as discussion boards, competitions, promotions or surveys, other social media functions or make payments etc. (“Your Communications”).
- We may collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information and mobile network information. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of the Food Tatva Platform.
- We may collect information with respect to your searches and other activities:The search terms you have looked up and results you selected.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We use “contact data” to provide our services : e.g. send service messages, communicate to you about your account/orders and to fulfil orders.
- If you have given permission, we may use your “contact data” to send you marketing emails, mails, calls or SMS with details of our, or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you, including information about special offers or promotions.
- We use “payment information” to process payments and refunds.
- If you supply us with a friend’s email addressfor the "Refer A Friend" programme, we will use that email address only to send a special offer to your friend. We will provide your name in the offer email to your friend, so that they know where we ot their contact details from.
- We may use information we collect on you to recommend you recipes and to improve our service for you and other customers.
- To generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and to deliver relevant advertisements to you.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We analyse the log files of our Food Tatva Platform that may contain Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring, app crashes, page viewed and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This helps us to administer the website, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA?
We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply us with a service. Examples include e-commerce platform providers, couriers/logistics partners (to enable delivery of goods), website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications, monitoring, testing or improving our website.
- We may share your payment information (including your email address) with Banks, Payment gateways and providers in order to process the payments of your orders and any potential refund.
- Your personal data may be supplied by our payment partners to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
- We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
- We may share this information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us, when we are:
- Obligated under the applicable laws or in good faith to respond to court orders and processes; or
- Detecting and preventing against actual or potential occurrence of identity theft, fraud, abuse of Services and other illegal acts;
- Responding to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the intellectual property rights of a third party;
When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from Food Tatva. You can log in to manage your email preferences or you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative notices, service notices, or legal notices from Food Tatva.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner provided in this Policy, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may take time to process such requests, and your request shall take effect no later than 10 (Ten) business days from the receipt of such request, after which we will not use your personal data for any processing unless required by us to comply with our legal obligations.
REVIEWING, CHANGING OR DELETING INFORMATION
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, or permanently delete your account, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page.
If you delete your User Contributions from our websites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of our websites.
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. The third party service providers with respect to payment gateway and payment processing are all validated as compliant with the payment card industry standard.
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Food Tatva account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
Last updated: 01/11/2019
What about cookies?
- Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: allaboutcookies.org or http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq
- Cookies are used on this website for the following purposes:
Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
Google Analytics ("GA") cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of GA cookies.
Google advertising cookies (AdSense): Google uses persistent advertising cookies (up to two years) in connection with Google advertising on our website to serve ads to you based on your visits to this and other websites and for various other purposes. Click here for more information and to opt out of Google’s advertising cookies.
Microsoft Bing Ads cookies: Microsoft sets persistent cookies (up to two years) for conversion tracking purposes, i.e. to record details of transactions by users who visit our site after clicking on an advertisement of ours on another site. Click here for more information
Social media cookies: We may use various social media and other third party features on our website including like button from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Plus +1 button from Google, Pin It button from Pinterest, share / follow button from LinkedIn, embed button from YouTube, These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information about the specific features and those companies’ cookie / privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is possible.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES?
By using this website, you agree that Food Tatva can place cookies on your computer or device as explained above. However, you can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please bear in mind that removing or blocking cookies can impact user experience and parts of this website may no longer be fully accessible.
Browser Controls –
Most browsers will allow you to see what cookies you have and delete them on an individual basis or block cookies from particular or all websites. Be aware that any preference you have set will be lost if you delete all cookies, including your preference to opt-out from cookies as this itself requires an opt-out cookie to have been set. For more information on how to modify your browser settings to block or filter cookies, see https://www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq
Managing Analytics Cookies -
You can opt-out of having your anonymized browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies. Food Tatva use the following service providers and you can learn more about their privacy policies and how to opt-out of their cookies by clicking on following links:
Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Managing Local Shared Objects or Flash Cookies –
A local shared object or flash cookie is like most other browser cookies except that it can store additional types of information. These cookies cannot be controlled using the mechanisms listed above. Some parts of this website may use these types of cookies to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not play properly. These cookies can be controlled manually by visiting the Adobe website. http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
By continuing to use our website, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.